Sunday, October 18, 2009

-#1.3: Production Department-

-pls refer to previous post for the understanding different department and their function.
- previous post:
#1.1 - R&D Department
#1.2 - Purchasing Department

-Production Department-
- Generally, the production function plans, organises, directs, and controls the necessary activities to provide products and services, creating outputs which have added value over the value of inputs.

- To explains further the definition of production function, we should know that the process of adding of value into the input usually consist of the following that occupies the production manager's attention: scheduling jobs on machine, assigning labour to jobs, control the quality, improving the methods of work, and wastage management(to minimize it).

- The production manager needs to manage the longer-term decisions to set up the production organisation, the usual longer-term decisions includes: Selection of equipment and processes, job design and methods, factory location and layout, ensuring the right number and skills of employees.

- Meanwhile, the short-term decisions that are concerned with the running and control of the organisation includes: Production and control, Labour control and supervision, Quality management, Inventory control, and Maintenance. These are the short-term decisions that a production managers have to decide on.

- Yes, while the understanding of these departments remains theoretical, these department are closely related to one another, especially for longer-term decisions, the activities of production function must be integrated with other functions.

- For examples, product design is co-ordinated with R&D, Job design is with human resources, quantities of production is related to sales department, and work force management is with human resources department.

- Next #1.4: Service Operations

1 comment:

  1. Nice information on here, I would like to share with you all my experience trying to get a loan to expand my Clothing Business here in Malaysia. It was really hard on my business going down due to my little short time illness then when I got heal I needed a fund to set it up again for me to begin so I came across Mr Benjamin a loan consultant officer at Le_Meridian Funding Service He asked me of my business project and I told him i already owned One and i just needed loan of 200,000.00 USD he gave me form to fill and I did also he asked me of my Valid ID in few days They did the transfer and my loan was granted. I really want to appreciate there effort also try to get this to anyone looking for business loan or other financial issues to Contact Le_Meridian Funding Service On Email: lfdsloans@lemeridianfds.com / lfdsloans@outlook.com He also available on WhatsApp Contact:+1-9893943740.

    ReplyDelete